In this article let’s take a look at everything you need to know between web development vs app development and which one should you learn first and choose as a career option.
So if you are confused regarding which branch you should choose between web development and app development or you do not know the difference then you should read this article the end.
So without further ADO let’s get started.
What is web development?
Web development is all about creating websites and this includes web design programming and database management so that people can access the website from the internet, there are two types of web development front end and backend development and there are various languages you need to learn such as Java and Python to learn web development.
What is app development?
App development is the process of creating application Which people can use on their mobile phone tablet or computer by downloading it from Play Store or app Store there are two types of app development and Android and iOS.
Difference between the two.
Let’s take a look at all the important differences you need to know between both web development and app development in a tabular form by looking at 11 different factors.
|Factors||Web development||App development|
|Definition||This is all about creating websites that people can access on the internet through the browser||This is all about creating applications for different operating systems like Android and IOS in mobile phones that people can access by downloading and installing them on their mobile phone|
|Platform required||Web development requires a web server where the files of the website can be stored easily and it is called as web hosting||App development also requires a server to store the files of application and any operating system like Android and IOS is required to run & access the application on mobile|
|Learning curve & difficulty||Learning web development is easy, it has small learning curve because of that it has more competition||Learning app development is hard and it has more learning curve because of that it has less competition especially for Android and IOS app development|
|Skills required||Detail oriented designing problem solving and creativity, and other soft skills like communication skills and leadership, Time management, etc||Detail-oriented, empathy, problem solving and creativity, etc and other soft skills like communication skills and leadership, time management, etc|
|Job opportunities||Front end developer or backend developer full stack developer, software engineer senior web developer, Web designer and Java developer, etc||Mobile Architect, Mobile Application Developer, Android Developer, iOS developer, Android Engineer, and Mobile Embedded Software Engineer, software developer, etc|
|Average job growth||The average of growth of web developers is 13% as per BLS in USA in next ten years||The average growth of app developers is 19% as per CNN in usa in the next 10 years|
|Companies which hire them||Google Tata consultancy services IBM Wipro cognizant and Amazon||Apple Microsoft Google Salesforce Cisco Accenture and IBM|
|Competition level||In 2020, there was a total of 26.2 million web developers in the world. By 2023 that number is forecast to reach 27.7 million.||The most recent estimates put the number of app developers at 26.4 million globally, of which around 6 develop solely for Android, and 2.8 million focus on iOS|
|Average salary||According to bls, the average salary is 77000 dollars per annum in America and 3 lakh rupees per annum as per pay scale in India||The average salary of app developer is 71000 dollars in America and 600000 rupees per annum in india according to pay scale|
|Examples||Some popular websites are Google, Wikipedia and YouTube||Some popular apps are Facebook YouTube and Twitter|
now that you have learnt the difference between the two let’s take a look at important similarities between both.
Similarities between the two.
Let’s take a look at what are the common things and similarities between both web development and app development if you choose it as a career option.
- Both web development and app development requires similar skills which are coding, problem solving and creativity skills
- Both web development and app development have different parts where web development has frontend, backend, full stack and app development has Android app development and iOS app development and different apps like native apps, web apps, hybrid apps
- Both web and app development are future proof professions which means that we cannot get replaced by artificial intelligence in future
- The demand for both web and app development is continuing to grow in future
- In both web and app development you can work as a freelancer or you can also start your own tech startup.
- You can easily learn both web and app development on various platforms like udemy and coding Ninja for affordable price and start working without having a College degree.
- In both web and app development there is good amount of competition.
Why you should choose either one?
Let’s take a look at a couple of reasons why you should choose web development as a career option at the same time app development.
Reasons to choose web development as a career option.
- Web developers are highly demanded professionals and also have high paying job
- You can also start your own business and startup or start a digital marketing agency
- You can have wide job options in web development which give you option to switch between different jobs depending upon your interest
- You can have an exciting and high job satisfaction career
- Web development cannot get replaced by artificial intelligence in future because it is a creative profession
- Web developers can work anywhere and they don’t need to move to office which give them work flexibility
You can learn more about pros and cons of web development to decide whether it is a good career option by clicking here.
Reasons to choose app development as a career option.
- App developers are also highly demanded and you can also get high paying job
- As an app developer you can work in many multinational companies like Google Amazon Cisco Salesforce and Microsoft
- App development is also future proof and it cannot get replaced by artificial intelligence
- App developers can also start their own business at the same time work as a freelancer
- You can have wide variety of job opportunities as a app developer
- You can easily get started with app development without huge investment
- App development can give you a lot of job satisfaction and it is also exciting career.
Which is best between web and app development?
Considering all the factors like competition, demand, the overall job growth and salary I believe app development is better option compared to web development.
But to be honest both web development and app development have bright future because both of them are related to technology and The demand for good and user-friendly mobile and web applications is continuously going to rise in the future and not going to stop any time soon.
With that said let’s end the article.
These are all the important things you need to know between both app & web development to decide which one should you choose to learn and as a career.
Please do comment down which is your favourite between app development and web development in the comment section below and also share the article with your friends and subscribe to my blog to receive notifications regarding whenever I publish a new post in future.
Hey I am Praneeth Kumar, i am a 20 years old blogger, i am doing BA arts degree from a reputable college, i have alot of passion and interest in educating others on various career options and universities available and This exact information is what I share on this Website.